Home care provides support for seniors who wish to remain in their homes as they age. If you’re considering home care for yourself or a loved one, keep in mind the available types: partial home care, short-term home care, and long-term home care. Comparing these options allows you and your loved ones to choose the most suitable form. Additionally, seek an experienced elderly assisted living care provider to deliver these services.
Coastal Home Care offers home care services to residents of Ocean Pines, MD. Our team includes experienced Certified Nursing Assistants who work hand-in-hand with our Registered Nurses. We are prepared to provide 24/7 care and can accommodate the scheduling needs of our clients. We prioritize the empathy, privacy, and dignity of each patient. Contact us today at (866) 687-7307.
Below, we outline the types of care you should consider:
1. Partial Home Care
Partial home care involves assistance every week on certain days for select periods. This option works well for patients who can live independently or with the help of a loved one. It includes one-on-one assistance with everyday tasks as well as companionship. Coastal Home Care provides partial care for the following types of services:
- Daily Living Activities: A Certified Nurse provides support for activities of daily living, such as showering, dressing, preparing meals, and running errands.
- Companion Care: This form of care provides elders with a companion to spend time with. Companions may help them read, play games, or get out of the house if possible.
We offer partial home care at each patient’s convenience. Whether once a week or five days a week, we can deliver the appropriate level of care.
2. Short-Term Home Care
Elderly folks who have undergone surgery, suffered an injury, or need hospice support will benefit from short-term home care. This form of care is usually more intensive than partial home care, as it often involves medication management and specialized support.
Short-term care is a dependable solution that allows patients to remain in their homes while receiving attentive care from our Registered Nurses. Our options in this vein include:
- Post-Operative Care: Care intended to meet a patient’s unique needs following surgery. Transfers, sponge-baths, and repositioning are common post-operative services. Our team also collaborates with physical therapists and wound care providers for additional patient needs.
- Hospice Support: Care meant to provide emotional support to patients suffering from a terminal illness. With hospice support, we emphasize comfort while providing for individualized needs.
3. Long-Term Home Care
Long-term home care provides ongoing support either around the clock or at specified times. This form of care often suits patients whose families live far away or who require support in addition to their family’s care. The most common type of this care include:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Diversified care to support patients with memory loss. This form of support promotes safety and productivity in addition to meeting the patient’s unique needs.
The specific parameters for partial home care, short-term home care, and long-term home care are based entirely upon the needs of the patient or elder. No two care plans look the same, which is why you should seek out an adaptive care provider.
Coastal Home Care: In-Home Elderly Assisted Living in Ocean Pines, MD
For elderly assisted living at home, turn to Coastal Home Care. We provide residents of Ocean Pines, MD, with diversified, attentive options. We aim to support the lives of our patients, as well as the lives of their families, by extending compassionate care. Moreover, we continually evaluate each senior’s unique situation to fulfill their evolving needs. Contact us at (866) 687-7307 or schedule a consultation.